Thursday, July 28, 2011

NYC - Vintage Style

old-lady-reads-sunday-paper-lower-east-side-1942

southeast-corner-of-1st-st-and-bowery-1942

east-7th-st-between-3rd-and-2nd-st-1942

portable-soft-drink-stand-at-bowling-green-1942

stores-near-corner-of-broome-st-and-baruch-place-lower-east-side-1941

residents-of-lower-clinton-st-near-east-river-saturday-afternoon-1941

looking-up-into-financial-district-from-south-ferry-1941

tower-of-brooklyn-bridge-from-south-st-manhattan-1941

south-ferry-bums-on-a-bench-at-noon-hour-at-battery-park-1941

the-old-fulton-market-manhattans-lower-east-side-saturday-afternoon-1941

These photographs make me love New York City even more than I already do. See more here.

12 comments:

Mia Hinchey said...

I love the "guys" in hats, men should wear more hats.

Alex said...

These photos are great. I definitely have New York dreams!

thinkpriddy said...

incredible photos! do you live in New York? I've always wanted to visit.

Lisa said...

These are incredible! I took me a moment to realize they weren't contemporary. What a great find.

Stephanie said...

These are awesome! It so rare to see color photos from that time. I love NYC so much and seeing a little bit of its history in color just adds to the charm.

Mo Pie, Please said...

These are awesome!

Vanessa said...

Old photos of New York are always so fascinating! Best city, hands down.

Collins said...

glad i just found your blog! i'm a new follower. :) love the old photos!

Starlight said...

Great photos. I can't wait for the day when I'll have enough money for a trip to NYC.

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

No other city like NY! These pics are awesome.

Jess said...

Amazing photos! I wish people still dressed like this!

Kristina said...

so cool - those pictures are great! love to see pics from those times back in the days!! :)