Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What The Shuck!

shucked-cover-image

It's no secret that I love oysters. Which is why this book is right up my alley. Erin Byers gave up her primo job as the Boston editor of DailyCandy.com to spend a year working on the Island Creek oyster farm.

To say I admire Erin would be an understatement. This chick is living the dream! That's not to say her year at Island Creek was a walk in the park (intense physical labor in harsh Boston winters...ouch.) but if her blog is any indication, the world is her oyster! (har har har...) Can't wait to get my hands on this book. It's the ultimate beach read!

P.S. If you find yourself in Boston, don't miss the Island Creek Oyster Company. A restaurant so good, I'd be willing to brave a Boston winter to live close by.

No comments: