Wednesday, June 15, 2011

tripnotes: Manchester, Vermont

Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to spend a weekend in beautiful Manchester, Vermont. Talk about God's Green Earf...

DSC_1283

We stayed at the Palmer House, which had a lovely stocked trout pond. The water was so cam it looked like glass!


DSC_1284

DSC_1287

The lilacs were in full bloom and the air smelled amazing. Here they are covered in mornin' dew.

DSC_1288

It was so great to get out of the city and spend a little time in the country. Loved this weathervane.

DSC_1307

The weather was warm during the day and chilly in the evening. The Palmer House has a 9 hole golf course, and we spent a bit of time on the links.

DSC_1306

Turns out I'm pretty good. This photo was taken after a hole-in-one. Yay me! YAY MANCHESTER!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

we were there at the outlets beg of June ~ haha

The Everything List said...

this looks like so much fun!

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Megan Taylor said...

WOW! Vermont is one of my favorite places in the world! Never been to Manchester though...now I want to :)

-Meg

Hollie Ann said...

Wow what a beautiful place! I'd love to visit here someday.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

those lilacs are gorgeous! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

dulci said...

@ Erika - We made a little time for the outlets too, of course!! :)

@Jillian - lilacs are one of my favorite flowers. they smelled SO good!!

New York Don't Leave Me said...

Your photos are fantastic! Looks like a great trip!
www.nydontleaveme.com

Unknown said...

Love the photos! I love New England.

Cara said...

Lilacs are one of the things I miss most about living in New England! Looks like a lovely weekend :)

House of Milk said...

Awww you look so cute!

Rose said...

Great photos!

Julie said...

Love Manchester, VT! Such a cute, pretty little town. It looks fantastic this time of year!

Unknown said...

Love your "in your face" pic:)

Carlota | Carlotaslittleblog said...

Haha the last one made me laugh.
Beautiful pictures!
xx

dulci said...

Haydee! It was a definite BOOYAH moment!! :)

Kerri Lynne said...

Hahah, love that last photo!!

BookGeek said...

I was born in Vermont and lived there my entire childhood. These photos are wonderful reminders of how beautiful it is!