Monday, September 13, 2010

Tripnotes: Saratoga, NY



Earlier this summer, I went upstate to visit my parents. My mama and I made sure to squeeze in a day at the races. Saratoga Springs, a short ride from Albany, is a historic place and a great way to spend a sunny afternoon. It originated as a spa retreat for the rich and congested in the 1860's and today is known as the gambling mecca of my world.



Parts of the race track are like taking a step back in time. Chico (mysteriously absent from this photo) will shine your shoes...all day apparently.

And after a hard days betting, make sure to check out local favorite since 1938, Hattie's Chicken Shack - a down-home bayou style restaurant with my favorite fried chicken.

I was too busy eating to take any photos of the food, so you'll have to just take my word. Hit the shack peeps. You won't be sorry.
45 Phila Street
Saratoga Springs, NY

Visit Saratoga and be the envy of all your friends!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

my neighbor owns a horse that races there all the time - i forget the name - i'll have to let u know !!!!

dulci said...

Erika find out what the name is! I always pick my bets based on names - haha :)

dulci said...

Erika find out what the name is! I always pick my bets based on names - haha :)

Kristen said...

I visited Saratoga Springs with my family when I was 9 years old! We participated in a house swap with another family. It was super cool and i remember the racetrack and downtown like it was yesterday. Thats saying a lot. Awesome pictures!!

dulci said...

Thanks Daisy!!